Engine heater 700 series for vans from DEFA
Engine heater 700 series supplied by DEFA for liquid and air cooled engines, with low or high refrigerant volume. Our range includes heaters for passenger cars, vans, trucks, agricultural tractors and stationary engines. There are nine series of heaters distinguished by how they are installed. The 700 series engine heater, number 413756, is installed in the engine cooling line of commercial vehicles.
DEFA engine heater heats the engine efficiently and effectively. Most heaters are mounted in such a way that the heating element is in direct contact with the coolant and ensures its slow circulation.
Product is protected by a fusible link that burns out when the temperature rises excessively. Burnout can be caused by:
- Coolant level too low (heating element is in contact with air).
- Air pocket all around the heating element (the heating element comes in contact with the air).
- Dirty or contaminated coolant creates an insulating layer (scale) around the heating element, blocking heat transmition.
The DEFA 400 series heater can heat the coolant to about 50°C above the outdoor temperature, depending on the location the heater is mounted and the capacity of the cooling system.
The optimum operating time is dependent on the outside temperature. After 3 hours at -17°C, the system reaches thermal equilibrium, which means that the energy supplied after that time is only for temperature maintenance. Additional heat is emitted to the outside. The DEFA heater can remain connected to a power source without the risk of destroying the heating element, however this will only result in unnecessary electricity consumption.
The heater is delivered with the necessary mounting accessories:
- additional water pump,
- water pump supply,
- power harness,
- necessary mounting accessories,
The heater will be used in delivery vehicles:
- Mercedes Sprinter 519 CDI (H08, N62, N63) 2015-2018. engine code: 642
- Mercedes Sprinter 519 CDI (H08, N62, N63) from 2019. - engine code: 642